Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Taco Corn Bread Casserole



WHAT YOU NEED
1 package (8 1/2 oz) corn bread/muffin mix
3 cups cooked taco seasoned meat
1 can black beans
I can of corn
1 tbsp of garlic
1 cup (8 oz) sour cream (regular or light)
1 cup Monterey , cheddar or Mexican cheese, shredded (I generally use what I have)
1 small can of tomato sauce
1 can sliced olives

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
In a large bowl prepare the corn bread according to the instructions on the box.  Spread into an 8 x 8 pan sprayed with cooking spray.  Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Remove from oven when done.

Combine sour cream, and cheese. 

Cook and season meat to your liking. Then mix in garlic, corn, black beans and tomato sauce. Spread over corn bread.  Spread sour cream and cheese mixture over meat mixture.  Bake for 20 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. 

Sprinkle olives on top, serve and enjoy!

WHAT YOU CAN DO 

Top with lettuce, salsa tomatoes.


WHAT I HAVE TO SAY
I substituted the oil with coconut oil when I made the cornbread.








No comments:

Post a Comment